We all want our home to smell great, and if you are using a humidifier to counter the dryness inside your home’s environment, you might be looking for options to enhance the smell.
As you are looking for options, you might wonder, ‘Can I put rose water in my humidifier?’ then this article is for you. In this article, we will go through every aspect of adding rose water to a humidifier so that you can be aware of what you will be facing if you plan on adding rose water to your humidifier.
So, let’s dive into the details without further ado, shall we?
Can I put Rose Water in My Humidifier?
Yes, you can put rose water in your humidifier to simply answer the question. But that being said, there are certain factors and aspects that you will need to keep in mind before you start putting rose water in.
This is because rose water isn’t made of roses; instead, it consists of highly complex chemical materials that provide you with roses’ scent. That’s why while there is no restriction on using water-based fragrance additives if you want to create a fragrant atmosphere.
Why Would You Put Rose Water in Humidifier?
Rosewater has quite a few positive impacts on our skin and body, and if we put some of them in our humidifier, we can enjoy certain benefits.
The benefits that come with putting rose water in a humidifier are:
- It helps to regain the pH balance of our skin. Rosewater has a few acidic features that ensure that you regain a bit of your skin’s pH balance after a hard day of work without damaging your skin.
- Having rose water in the air will also soften the skin, ensuring that the skin will have a better natural outlook or glow.
- It also serves the purpose of revitalizing dry skin, which is also the primary job of a humidifier
- You can counter oily skin problems too with the help of rose water, but the effectiveness through the humidifier vapors is quite low. That being said, if you can adjust it properly, you will find positive results.
- Having rose water in the atmosphere also guarantees that you will have the smell of roses when you turn on the humidifier in your room. This can be a great feature for those who love the smell of roses in general.
Negative Effects of Having Rose Water in Humidifier
You will have to face certain difficulties when you start to put rose water in your humidifier occasionally. And if you don’t take proper steps to counter them, you might face a troublesome issue in the future.
The drawbacks that come with putting rose water in a humidifier are:
- The insides of the humidifier will become sticky and pudgy, which will make it very difficult to clean
- You also run the risk of having bacteria and growing mold inside the humidifier
- The overuse of rose water can spread harmful chemicals in the environment through the air, a big issue for people who have breathing issues. This can also affect healthy persons as well.
Is It Safe to Put Rose Water in a Humidifier for Adults?
After looking at the negatives, you might be concerned about the overall impact of rose water vapors on adults. If used moderately and the adults who will be breathing the air have no asthma or breathing issues, then there is no problem.
It is safe for people with breathing and allergy issues not to use rose water if possible. But that being said, if you want to enjoy the smell of roses in your room’s air, then contact your doctor to find out whether the chemicals in rose water will be harmful to you.
Is It Safe to Put Rose Water in a Humidifier for Kids?
We suggest that you don’t put rose water in a humidifier in a kid’s room. The moderate use of rose water in a humidifier won’t trouble children much. But if exposed to the chemicals for a long time, there will be worrying effects on the child’s body.
This is especially true for kids who have breathing problems and allergy issues. We recommend that you keep your idea of putting rose water in the humidifier away from the kids’ rooms.
Also, don’t even think of putting rose water on a humidifier in an infant’s room. The chemicals will have a bad effect on them, leading to certain permanent diseases.
And there you have it. These are all the details you need to know about putting rose water in a humidifier. Hopefully, this covers everything regarding the question: ‘Can I put rose water in my humidifier.
So, follow this article as a reference and decide on whether you want to put rose water in your humidifier or not.
Related reading: Can You Put Whiskey In A Humidifier?
Related reading: Can You Put Perfume in A Humidifier?
Related reading: Best Humidifier Review & Buying Guide